Imperial Cusco tour (6D/5N)
First day: arrival to Cusco city
- Transfer to Garcilaso Hotel from the airport, resting and getting used to the high altitude (11,000 feet) and climate, free coca tea at hotel.
- Visits: the cathedral of Cusco, the Inca museum, and at 6:30 p. m. the “Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo” (native artists center) to watch live music and dancers.
Second day: Cusco city tour
- City tour, we will visit Qoricancha temple also known as the temple of the sun and the convent of Santo Domingo, after this place we head up northwest out of the city of Cusco to visit some amazing Incan landmarks such as: Saqsayhuaman, Q’enqo, Pukapukara and Tambomachay.
- Overnight in Cusco city.
Third day: Sacred Valley
- In the morning we head toward Pisaq wich is about 50 min, from Cusco city, on the way down to Pisaq we stop at the view point of Taray, this is the postcard view place of the sacred valley, amazing views with the Vilcanota river can be seen, after that amazing view we head up to Pisaq archaeological site located at 20 min from Pisaq town, after this place we go back down to Pisaq town, to see the local handicraft market.
- Following the road to Urubamba (north west) we continue to Urubamba town (lunch place) where we will have a wonderful buffet at the Inka House restaurant.
- Ollantaytambo is about 40 min from Urubamba to which we will arrive after lunch, Ollantaytambo is considered as an Inca living town, the town planning is simply magnificent with stone walls all over, water canals all dated back to Incan times we must visit the archaeological center of Ollantaytambo.
- After the tour at this place we have to go down to the train station to catch the train to Aguas Calientes (town of Machu Picchu). The train ride is about one and a half hours. You cannot miss the wonderful views along the way down to Aguas Calientes on the executive service by Inka Rail, to overnight at the “Presidente” hotel at Aguas Calientes (also known as Machu Picchu town).
Fourth day: Machu Picchu
- Early in the morning the tour guide will pick you up at the hotel to be transferred to Machu Picchu archaeologial center (30 min bus ride) the tour at Machu Picchu itself is about 2 hours.
- Machu Picchu, considered as one the new modern wonders of the world, is breathtaking. Some remarkable places are: the Three Windows temple, Inti Watana or Sun Dial, among others.
- Once the tour at Machu Picchu is finished, you will have a break time for you to walk on your own and picture time, considering the train schedule.
- After all that, we have to go back down to Aguas Calientes town to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo then Cusco (overnight at Cusco city).
Fifth day: Maras Moray Salineras Chinchero
- In the morning, transfer to Chinchero town. Chinchero is well known by the textilery which is ancestral.
- We will see the natural dies on alpaca (South American cameloids), fiber that locals are still using this days since Incan times.
- Then we will go to Moray archaeological center, that was an experimental center of agriculture, built on a huge natural depression that the Incas took advantage of and built concentric terraces, having each terrace a different micro climate, after that we go down to the salt mines known as Salineras, the salt is mined since memorial times till current times. It’s a half day tour.
- In the morning transfer to the airport. Transfer time will be up to the flight schedule.
The tour includes:
- Transfer to the airport back and forth,tourist transportation.
- Hotel in Cusco “Libertador” (4*)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes, Casa del Sol (3*).
- All days breakfast included.
- BTG or general tourist ticket.
- English tour guide.
- Guided tours in english to: city tour, Koricancha, Saqsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca-Pukara, Tambomachay.
- Live local music and dances at centro Qosqo.
- Sacred Valley tour: buffet at Urubamba (lunch place) Inka House restaurant.
- Tour Salineras (salt mines), Maras, Moray (concentric terraces) and Chinchero textiles.
- Tour in Machu Picchu archaeological center.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu:
- Round trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Round trip train ticket to Machu Picchu by Inka Rail (executive service).
- Professional and personalized attention to you all the time.